Specialized Fleet Insurance

At Acuity, we understand the unique insurance needs of your trucking business. From tractor-trailers to vans and owner-operators to fleets, Acuity has the coverages you need to protect your business. We’ve developed our expertise by insuring motor carriers for over 40 years!

Deadhead or bobtail insurance

If you’re an owner-operator and use your tractor without a trailer or with an empty trailer, this coverage may be valuable to you. When you aren’t driving for your company, make sure you’re covered.


Trailer interchange

When you’re pulling a trailer that isn’t yours, but is your responsibility by contract, this coverage will make sure any damage to that trailer is covered.


Truckers’ enhancements

Our truckers’ enhancements provide over 20 coverages designed with truckers in mind, including a combined truck/trailer/cargo deductible, loan/lease gap coverage, rental reimbursement and tow coverage following a loss, and much more.


Motor carrier filings

Acuity will make the necessary federal and state filings your trucking operation needs.  Whether it is a financial proof of responsibility or a cargo filing, Acuity knows these filings are critical to your business and will handle them when you need them.


Cargo coverage

We offer a variety of coverage options that can be tailored to suit your unique cargo needs.

Commercial truck insurance

At Acuity, we understand the unique insurance needs of your trucking business. From tractor-trailers to vans, and owner-operators to fleets, Acuity has the coverages you need to protect your business.


Get answers from our insurance experts.
    • After a long day of driving to make pickups and deliveries, planning routes over congested roads, and determining hours available yet to drive, you have finally found a safe place to park the rig for the night—or at least you thought so. Unfortunately, most fender benders to CMVs occur while at shipping docks, truck stops, and similar locations.
    • The thousands of hours of “windshield time” drivers spend behind the wheel each year provides plenty of time to ponder some of life’s great questions. The answers to some questions are clear—such as why tractor-trailers are called 18-wheelers. But other questions are less obvious, such as why the front part is called a “tractor” and massive rigs are called “semi trucks.” Want to know the answers? Read on!
    • Nearly two years after it’s announcement by the FMCSA, the Commercial Driver’s License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse will become a reality. In December, the agency announced its final rule for establishing a database that will serve as a central repository containing records of violations of FMCSA’s drug and alcohol testing program by CDL holders.

    • Cliff J.

    • Cliff J.

    • Cliff J.


    Other things you might be interested in.


    Acuity has a number of brochures that explain our policies, coverage options, and services in additional detail.


    Watch our helpful, to-the-point trucking videos featuring Cliff, our industry specialist!


    Does insurance lingo sometimes leave you guessing? Check out our glossary!


    Have questions? We have answers.

    Our standard coverages will meet most of your needs. Optional coverages tailor your policy to your unique business. Work with your agent to see what optional coverages are right for you.

    If your insured vehicle is involved in a loss, that often means you lose the income that vehicle would have earned. Business income coverage protects your business by replacing the lost operating income during the period your vehicle or equipment is being repaired or replaced.

    Most states require employers to have this coverage. If an employee gets hurt on the job, workers’ compensation pays for  medical costs so you don't have to. It also pays for lost wages if the injury causes missed time from work. Work comp also comes with employment liability coverage, which pays your defense costs if an employee claims the injury was caused by unsafe working conditions.