- First Place Winner - $1,200 Southwest Airlines Gift Card, $1,300 Westin Gift Card, ISSE 2020 3-day Expo Ticket: Keri Knipper
- Second Place Winner - $1,000 CosmoProf Gift Card: Debbera Kuhn
- Third Place Winner - $500 CosmoProf Gift Card: Christy Geschke
- Honorable Mention - $25 CosmoProf Card: Tracey Consigny
- Honorable Mention - $25 CosmoProf Card: Lori Hager
- Honorable Mention - $25 CosmoProf Card: Kelly Dohr
In 60 seconds or less tell us why going to the International Salon and Spa Expo would make you a better stylist.
How to enter
- Contest entries are accepted from July 15 through August 30, 2019.
- Entries must be submitted electronically by uploading your video.
- Email email@example.com with any questions.
See official rules for complete contest details.
- Contest is open to all persons ages 18 and older who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C.
- Contestant must hold an active and valid cosmetology license and provide a copy with entry.
- One entry per contestant.
- Acuity, A Mutual Insurance Company employees and their family members are not eligible to enter.
- CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Acuity, A Mutual Insurance Company reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Acuity, A Mutual Insurance Company is not responsible for technical issues or issues related to deliverability of submissions.
- Failure to adhere to the contest rules or submission guidelines will result in disqualification from the contest.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win.
Entry requirements and format
- Entries are to be submitted in video format and are limited to 60 seconds or less.
- Nonfictional stories should highlight why attending International Salon and Spa Expo would benefit the contestant’s professional development as a stylist, in any manner that is relevant and appropriate to the contestant’s personal experience.
- Entries must be the original and unpublished work of the contestant.
- Videos cannot include any music or video clips or images that are not the original work of the contestant.
- Videos may be edited before submission using video editing software should the contestant deem it necessary to add production value to his/her entry.
- Entries will not be accepted if they contain:
- Inappropriate topics
- Inappropriate words
- Inappropriate images
- Mean, cruel, or hateful behavior or attitudes
- Violence or other dark or frightening subjects
- This contest is conducted in American English.
All eligible entries will be evaluated and scored by the contest judges based on the following criteria:
- Originality and uniqueness of the entry
- Use of language relevant to the topic and industry
- Creativity in how ideas are expressed
The entry with the highest total score will be deemed the First Place Winner, the entry with the second highest score will be deemed Second Place Winner, and the third highest score will be deemed Third Place Winner. Entries with the fourth through sixth highest scores will be Honorable Mentions. In the event of a tie, the entry with the highest score for originality, followed by creativity, will be deemed the winner from among all tying entries. Winners will be notified on or before October 1, 2019.
- One (1) First Place Winner - $1,200 Southwest Airlines Gift Card, $1,300 Westin Gift Card, ISSE 2020 3-day Expo Ticket
- One (1) Second Place Winner - $1,000 CosmoProf Gift Card
- One (1) Third Place Winner - $500 CosmoProf Gift Card
- Three (3) Honorable Mentions - $25 CosmoProf Card
Acuity, A Mutual Insurance Company will use reasonable best efforts to notify the winners. In the event a winner cannot be located within five days of the judging period, the winner shall forfeit the prize and we may elect another winner. The contestant must submit a completed W-9 prior to winner claiming a prize; instructions can be found here.